Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Blessed

I am not what happened to me
I am what I choose to become



{source via Pinterest}

Yes, Annette, I am copying the quote you posted this afternoon. {Annette is my "cousin" who is also one cool chica. She's travels the world, cooks amazing food, and is becoming a yoga teacher. Total inspiration to anyone who ever doubts doing something.} This quote really resonated with me. I try my hardest not to live in the past because I do believe in the power we have to change. And I am definately not the same girl I was 10 years ago. I am blessed. I am blessed because of many things I often take for granted. How about you? What are some things you are blessed with that give you the opportunity to "become"?

here are mine

* i know where my next meal is coming from and i know i have a roof over my head
* i have family that would take me in if anything should happen
* emily smiles at me everyday
* mike may not always agree with me but he always supports me
* i had a professor i despised
* if i didn't have this professor i wouldn't have changed majors
* bc i changed majors i am where i am at Columbia U
* my friends are forgiving and generous. always
* i can laugh



I'll leave it at that... for now. This list could go on for pages. Try it. Next time you're feeling really low. Of course stuff is going to happen that's not fair. But it's a challenge for us to see what we can be capable of. Now it's time to get going on my challenge for the day... grad school reading. ickkk...

No comments:

Post a Comment