Thursday, November 10, 2011

Doesn't Hurt to Dream...

of a big, pretty dining room

Linking up with Gussy Sews again!
This week the prompt is "The Dining Room"



Unfortunately, my little ranch does not have a separate dining room.
Oh how I long for one....
So, without a dining room, or even a large eat-in-kitchen, I volunteered ((well kind of begged)) to host Thanksgiving dinner. Where was Mike to knock some sense into me? My mother-in-law makes amazing Thanksgiving. Ugh. I guess it's part of growing up and starting a family. I feel like hosting a holiday is a step into the "adult" world. And I also think it would be really great for Emily, because we all know... She will throw on the apron and pretend she cooked the entire meal.
When can I actually recruit her to cook me dinner?
sans play-dough

Anyways.. here are some things that really lit up my eyes.
Literally! Here are some great lights I would love right over my giant wood-slab table (wishful thinking)

source

I also have an odd obsession with table runners. This wood one is pretty awesome.
The flowers and table scape just make it that much better.

source

Perfect addition of color without going overload...

source


This last one reminds me of Alice in Wonderland.. Tea Party anyone? I could use a drunk mouse and wild Mad Hatter to spice up my day.

source



What would your dream dining room look like?
Any advice on what functions best for your family?
I'm digging the creative ways to add chalk boards and "mailboxes"

Thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

Pam said...

I might have to use that wood/board runner idea. So smart, thanks! Best of luck on your dinner. Stopping by from Gussy.

Post a Comment